You are here
Assistant Controller - Construction
Work directly for the CFO of a Well-Renowned Construction Company
Track to CFO/Controller Level
About Our Client
The Assistant Controller - Construction will be a core part of the Accounting and Finance Team for this Construction Company located in Wilmington, MA. Our client specializes in every part of the Construction Process from pre-construction right through to completion and turnover. Their projects include multi-family, retail and office projects. The CFO is pro-actively looking for for an Assistant Controller they can train and develop themselves. If you are interested, please apply.
Our client is seeking a motivated, analytical, and highly detailed Assistant Controller - Construction to join their Accounting team. The main focus of this position will be on the overall financial aspects of construction operations and will include management and coordination of the month-end close, work in process preparation, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting. The position also requires proven strategic planning and analysis skills with the ability to drive profit maximization as well as cost control and monitoring. This position presents a unique opportunity to partner with the Chief Financial Officer and also has the potential for advancement into other areas of management as the company continues to grow.
- Ensure thorough monthly, quarterly and year end close of the division
- Oversight of the preparation of work in process reports as well as all divisional financial reports
- Hands-on management of the billing process, including development of controls to maximize efficiencies
- Coordination of contract audits by various owners
- In-depth participation and review of monthly estimate to complete meetings
- Serve as a key financial leader for the business by partnering with construction executives and providing responses to various inquiries from management for financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Assist with improving various policies, procedures, and processes surrounding the month end close process, including cost to complete monitoring, billing, and collections.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree.
- Experience as a Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager or Senior Project Accountant
- Prior Construction, Civil Engineering or Development Industry Background preferred.
- Construction Software Experience Recommended.
What's on Offer
The Assistant Controller - Construction will be a core part of the Accounting and Finance team of this Construction Company located in Wilmington, MA, and they will enjoy the following:
- The opportunity to eventually become the Controller/CFO
- Base Salary
- Bonus Eligibility
- 401K Plan
- Health Insurance
- Ability to go on site and interact with operations staff.
If you are interested, please apply below.