You are here
Assistant Controller - Construction
Chance to Work in a Leadership Accounting Role
Continuously Growing Construction Firm
About Our Client
The Assistant Controller - Construction would be working for a well established General Contracting Construction Company located in Montgomery County, Maryland. Founded over 2 decades ago, they have cemented themselves as a leader in the DC and Maryland area. They have enjoyed continued success through the mentality of continued growth. The Assistant Controller - Construction will be an integral part of this growth and success.
- Assist with the supervision of the accounting department and staff
- Maintain accounting software
- Job cost and general ledger accounting to ensure adherence with generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls and company policies and procedures.
- Assist project managers with project accounting including: establishing budgets, schedule of values, purchase orders, billing and cash flow projections, backlog burn rate, budget variance analysis and estimated costs to complete.
- Assist CFO with reconciliation of all GL accounts.
- Help create, maintain and analyze monthly rolling budget and cash flow projections.
- Analyze and allocate indirect overhead and payroll burden.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 6 to 10 years experience in the construction industry
- Proficient with Excel
- Adequate working knowledge with Microsoft Office
- Complete understanding of percent complete contract accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Sage 100 & 300 preferred
What's on Offer
The Assistant Controller - Construction will enjoy a leadership role in an successful, growing construction company. The Assistant Controller - Construction will receive a base salary, profit sharing and 401k, paid time off in accordance with company, paid required Continuing Professional Education, and paid professional association dues.