You are here
Assistant Controller - Consumer Product Goods
Both Domestic and International Accounting Responsibilities
International Travel to Europe and Central America
About Our Client
This Consumer Products Goods company is located in Cambridge MA and they are a small to mid-size company who have a large domestic and growing international sales foot print for their product that is utilized in the construction and healthcare industry. They are actively looking for an Assistant Controller who can help run their domestic and international business and report directly to the Vice President of Finance. The Assistant Controller - Consumer Product Goods will be a key part of this company and their growth strategy. Experience at a growing company would certainly be helpful for this position.
- Assist with the coordination of the financial accounting and reporting activities for operations across in the United States and International companies in Europe.
- Facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Perform profitability analysis by product, country, rep group, and freight service.
- Support the Vice President of Finance in the design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures, internal controls and financial information systems.
- Coordinate efforts for income tax accounting and reporting at for both Domestic and International companies and assist in design and implementation of International tax strategies.
- Help management's understanding of complex accounting areas related to our International operations such as accounting for leases, translation of foreign currency transactions, revenue recognition and accounting for inter-company transactions.
- Provide support as needed for internal and external audits.
- Assist in the future implementation and ongoing enhancements of the company's ERP system.
- Develop effective relationships with business partners.
- Prepare financial data and international companies ledgers for purposes of consolidated financial reporting and analysis and including foreign currency translation and intercompany eliminations.
- General Ledger entries for both the Domestic and International division including bank and other reconciliations.
- Issue international invoices to customers in local currency.
- Insure that invoices comply with applicable INCO terms for each country.
- Track payments from our customers and apply cash to open invoices.
- Reconcile international inventory in European warehouse on a monthly basis as well as price testing inventory unit costs.
The Successful Applicant
The Assistant Controller - Consumer Product Goods should ideally have the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Subject
- Consumer Product Accounting Experience within Manufacturing or Distribution Companies.
- International Accounting Experience and Foreign Exchange Work.
- Highly proficient and intermediate knowledge of MS Excel plus one Database Management program.
- This individual must have the ability to problem solve independently and build effective relationships with international colleagues.
What's on Offer
The Assistant Controller - Consumer Product Goods will enjoy:
- Very competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Eligibility
- International Travel
- 401K Plan
- Health Insurance
- Opportunity to work for a well-established domestic brand expanding internationally.
If you are interested in this opportuntiy, please apply.