You are here
Assistant Controller for Large Broadcasting Corporation!
- Large Broadcasting Corporation seeking an Assistant Controller!
- Prior Media/Entertainment Experience a Must!
About Our Client
Broadcasting Corporation with offices Globally headquartered in New York City is seeking an Assistant Controller!
As the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Direction of the accounting and reporting operations, including but not limited to accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, overseeing all transactions related to the GL and month-end close
- Responsible for monthly accounting close processes, which include ensuring accurate results are delivered on-time to the FP&A team. Ensure all accounts are reconciled at month end
- Leadership role in re-designing and implementing changes to the monthly close process
- Continuous improvement of controls and processes
- Identify and lead process improvement projects to automate and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize the contribution to strategic and business goals
- Manage relationships with external financial statement auditors as well as internal audit provider
- Oversee the quarterly and annual financial statement filing process with the SEC
The Successful Applicant
As the Assistant Controller, your background will consist of:
- 8+ years of financial experience
- CPA required; Big 4 experience preferred
- Proven success in leading significant process improvements to the monthly close process
- Direct experience with Oracle preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple, shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with emerging trends and relevant legislation that impacts accounting and financial reporting
- Experience with varied financial reporting, accounting and business practices
- Solid understanding and hands on experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, including the ability to consider the relationship of the regulatory requirements and the organization; ability to apply the appropriate principles to business
What's on Offer
Excellent Compensation Package!