You are here
Seeking an Assistant Controller with a Healthcare background
For profit accounting and a CPA are required
About Our Client
Our client is a Healthcare trade association comprising nearly 250 hospitals and continuing care facilities, both voluntary and public, in the metropolitan New York area and throughout the State, as well as New Jersey, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
Our client is dynamic, constantly evolving center for healthcare advocacy and expertise, but their core mission-helping hospitals deliver the finest patient care in the most cost-effective way-never changes.
The Assistant Controller will be repsonsible for:
- Preparing monthly financial reports including full analysis.
- Preparing annual financial reports including footnote disclosures.
- Assisting manager with corporate consolidation of a number of for profit entities
- Researching and implement US GAAP pronouncements.
- Reviewing of all new contracts and write up summaries. Ensure proper accounting principles are being followed.
- Reviewing work of staff
The Successful Applicant
The Assistant Controller must meet the following specifications:
- CPA Required - NYS Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including public and audit background.
- Strong technical accounting (GAAP) skills.
- Financial statement preparation in a multi-company environment including partnerships and equity accounting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (PivotTables, Macros).
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to be hands on and research and resolve any accounting and reporting challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a matrixed team environment.
What's on Offer
The Assistant Controller within this Healthcare will be compensated in accordance with his/her previous expereince.
Excellent healthcare benefits