You are here
- NYC-based Fashion Brand
- Seeking an eager Assistant Controller immediately
About Our Client
Leading New York City retail/wholesale organization.
Manage the financial & accounting functions for the wholesale organization. Overall understanding of corporate financial process will deliver experience in implementing and enhancing internal controls over financial reporting.
- Report directly to the Owner
- Responsible for financial reports including general ledger preparation, analysis of balance sheet and profit and loss statements
- Prepare, review and approve all journal entries along with account reconciliations that support the financials
- Prepare and record change in inventory levels while analyzing cost and variance
- Review daily A/P expenses for accuracy and authenticity
- Review A/R collections for Factored and Non Factored accounts to insure timely deadlines are met
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Accounting Manager will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced credentials such as a Master's Degree and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant (industry specific) experience
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
What's on Offer
This is a temp to perm opportunity.