You are here
- Assistant Controller- Great Growth Potential
- Established Real Estate Firm
About Our Client
Well established and growing real estate leasing & development firm
- Ensure quality and timeliness of financials by directly overseeing the accounting staff and working with business owners in outside departments as needed.
- Trains, supervises, and reviews the work of the accounting staff.
- Provides advice and counsel to direct reports regarding work product and priorities.
- Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Ability to resolve complex accounting issues and provides daily accounting support and guidance to accounting team.
- Works with the Controller to review and streamline current processes across the accounting department.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Maintains the accuracy of the balance sheet and income statement accounts on a US GAAP accrual basis, including review of general ledger reconciliations.
- Review all journal entries, accounts payable batches and accounts receivable batches.
- Reviews status of journal entry and submodule postings to ensure all activity has been posted prior to month end.
- Recording of sensitive and/or confidential areas such as, but not limited to, stock compensation, bonuses, commissions and equity.
- Backup review for the Controller on payroll processing.
- Review and provide variance analysis on the monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reporting packages, including forecasts and budgets.
- Provide support for requests from outside providers, including auditors and tax professionals.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audited financial statement report, including footnotes and supplemental schedules as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required including assisting with finance organizational initiatives and act as backup roles for other accounting responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow established procedures and meet deadlines.
- Analytical ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.Technical skill of accounting process in multiple functional areas and possession of strong US GAAP accounting knowledge.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrating group presentation skills and conduct of meetings.
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Able to look for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proficiency on PC and computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to sit at a desk for extending periods of time throughout the day.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary plus bonus with phenomenal benefits