You are here
Exciting Opportunity working for a Prestigious Governmental Program in Queens
An experianced individual with a stong backgound in Finance and Accounting
About Our Client
This Organization is responsible for Governmental development projects. Their service focuses on operations, construction and financing, with a proven ability to complete complex projects on time and on budget.
- Assist the Controller in producing accurate and timely Monthly and Quarterly financial statements
- Participate in the month end closing and financial reporting process
- Review of account reconciliations prepared by Staff Accountants to assist in training and accurate reporting
- Preparation of account analyses and reconciliations to assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer with special reporting as the need arises
- Supervise year-end audit process including liaison with outside auditors.
- Support the Quarterly Forecast process as well as the Annual Budget process.
- Support the Annual tax package requirements.
- Assist in special projects as necessary.
- Responsible for managing the Company's daily operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy
- Responsible for managing system hardware and software applications (Navision).
- Assist in development of system controls to ensure data integrity
- Assist in development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow
The Successful Applicant
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Accounting required (MBA or CPA a plus).
- Minimum 7-10 years of accounting experience, including public accounting.
- Solid knowledge of USGAAP is required.
- Experience with Construction Accounting is a strong plus.
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic is mandatory.
- 2 - 3 years of personnel management experience is mandatory.
- Technical skills (knowledge of Microsoft suite). Experience with a large ERP system is mandatory.
- Experience with Navision is a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with wonderful benefits.