You are here
Assistant Controller/Controller - Manufacturing/Retail
Develop a finance & accounting career in growing retail business
Diverse variety of duties
About Our Client
My client is an up and coming manufacturer and retailer of lifestyle accessories and handbags. They have continued to grow for the past 10 years since being established in Los Angeles, including opening various retail locations and working with many online platforms. They also collaborate with top tier companies to ensure that the new designs are in touch with the hottest trends in the market.
The candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Prepare monthly accruals and account reconciliations to properly monitor balances and ensure accuracy.
- Compile and evaluate the internal financial statements in line with US GAAP and other financial operating reports, and presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly capital expenditure report for distribution to department heads.
- Proactively partner with Finance and other key departments to review actual results and provide guidance and attention to areas that need to be researched.
- Make recommendations based on variance analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Performing analytic tasks including variance analysis, fixed assets, capital expenditures, reconciliations, CIP and month end close.
- Ensure compliance including SOX, GAAP, internal policies etc.
- Prepare and maintains schedules to accurately track store relocation, remodels, and closures, including accelerated depreciation and annual impairment analysis
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required.
- At least 4 - 5 years of accounting experience within the retail/manufacturing business. Experience in CPG is also welcome.
- Previous experience in using various accounting systems
- Ability to work independently and be a good team player
- Passion to grow a business
What's on Offer
Salary offered for this role will be from 80000 - 120000 depending on experience.