You are here
Assistant Director of Grants Administration
- Seeking an Assistant Director of Grants Administration for a growing Non-Profit
- Social service expereince preffered. City, State, and Federal Funding
About Our Client
Our client is a $200M Non-Profit Social Service Agency which provides Housing, Veteran, Behavioral Health, Homeless, and Developmental Disabilities services to the New York community.
The Assistant Director of Grants Administration will oversee the following:
- Work with internal departments to develop and implement grant procedures.
- Work with Finance to ensure grants are set up correctly in finance systems so they may be tracked to ensure expenditures are reasonable and allowable.
- Set goals and supervise performance of grants staff under his/her supervision.
- Supervise tracking compliance with grant conditions including the timing and accuracy of reporting deliverables.
- Communicate complex financial information to Program Management and Senior Management (including but not limited to preparation of comparative analysis reports, budget versus actual analyses, etc.)
- Work on Contract Renewals (New York City, State, Federal, including HUD Renewal Applications), Budget Renewals (including CBRs, etc.) (New York City, State and Federal)
- Oversee the claims processes for grants as well as ensure full compliance with Funders' requirements (DOHMH, DHS, HUD)
- Coordinate and respond to audit requests (agency wide including external auditors and Funders)
- Coordinate meetings as needed for management of grants and contracts, includes scheduling planning sessions and reviews of milestones, timelines and budgets.
- Track and disseminate for review and action, grant adjudication and processing materials and decision documents.
- Assist in supporting all departments company-wide in the identification and support for grant-related requests to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Prepare and present status charts and briefings related to submitted and awarded grants and contracts to department and corporate meetings as required.
- Assist in researching grant opportunities and developing grant-seeking strategies.
- Manage preparation of grant applications including developing budgets and compiling required data.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or a related field and/or in a relevant business field, such as: Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or Economics. Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience reflecting progressive responsibility including supervision of staff and a minimum of 4 years in the area of grant and/or contract administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal, State and City/local grant processes and experience monitoring grant/contract compliance REQUIRED.
- Experience demonstrating skill in effectively communicating financial concepts to financial and non-financial customers.
- Strong oral and written skills with proven ability to effectively interface with individuals at various levels within and outside the organization sufficient to exchange information, work cooperatively, facilitate understanding, and persuade and influence others.
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft desktop applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive offer with strong benefits