You are here
Assistant Financial Controller
- Assistant Financial Controller of market leading consumer products company
- Industry Experience Required
About Our Client
Established 18 years ago, with industry leading status and an ever growing presence across North America.
Circa $225m revenue organization, the Assistant Financial Controller shall report to the Financial Controller and CFO of the organization.
Offices based just a 5 minute walk from Times Square - great commute from NJ as well as NY
- Assist the Controller in the monthly accounting and forecast process by managing the compilation of financial results for a mid-sized business, understanding drivers of change within the financial results, presenting to leadership, and maintaining corporate deliverables and deadlines.
- Assist the Controller in overseeing and developing annual and seasonal sales, margin, inventory and high-level expense plans, partnering across functions to ensure alignment of those plans with all departments.
- Assist the Controller in overseeing and implementing inventory procurement process/controls and trend analyses.
- Set up system to monitor and review replenishment inventory, including understanding weekly/monthly sales trends and proper purchase time frames to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Partner cross functionally to drive profitable revenue growth through insightful and proactive analysis of sales opportunities and risks/contingencies and through insightful reporting and analysis of revenue results and key drivers.
- Be integral in a successful annual budgeting process by compiling and presenting financial models, leading the budget submission process, maintaining flexibility in a fast-pasted environment, presenting financial results and highlighting risk & opportunity for leadership, and meeting corporate deadlines.
- Prepare the P&L forecast for the business, analyzing trends, and challenging assumptions.
- Present the P&L monthly to leadership highlighting financial performance and risk/opportunity.
- Act as primary liaison to CEO and CFO to understand their needs and work to support any ad hoc analyses and requests.
- Develop key performance metrics and implement controls to ensure divisions achieve their financial and operational goals including improved profitability, customer profitability, sales margin analysis, cash flow, samples expense and inventory management.
- Engage in the strategic planning process evaluating current and future strategic initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in finance, with experience operating in a Manufacturing or FMCG environment advantageous.
- Self-starter attitude, with understanding and knowledge of COGS/BOM
- You must be a foodie.
- Extensive accounting and analysis experience - preferably within a Consumer Products organization where you have been exposed to inventory.
What's on Offer
Full contribution on healthcare, vision and dental benefits.
Relaxed and casual dress code
Christmas to New Year shut down and summer Fridays
Discounted gym membership and competitive salary, bonus and 401k plan