You are here
Assistant Financial Controller
- Leading Manufacturer/wholesaler of consumer products
- Industry Experience Required
About Our Client
Established 28 years ago, with industry leading status and an ever growing presence across North America.
Circa $450mm revenue organization, with 2 U.S. offices and plans to expand further in the next 3 years. The Assistant Controller shall report to the Controller and CFO.
Offices based just a 5 minute walk from the Lexington Avenue 59th St. N/Q Subway station.
- Assist in providing strong leadership and coordination in all the financial-related activities of the company, the employee will have primary day-to-day responsibility for:
- Work with the Controller to manage corporate / statutory & fiscal matters
- Prepare quarterly and year-end financial statements, financial forecasting, and budgeting
- Responsible for inventory management for US operations, internal control compliance for US operations and strategic planning
- Responsible for dealing with external consultants (auditors, fiscal advisor, lawyers)
- Assist the Controller in overseeing the processing of payroll
- Assist the Controller in overseeing company human resource legal compliance
- Assist the Controller in overseeing 3rd party EDI consultant performance and company compliance and legal issues;
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 4-6 years of professional experience in finance, with experience operating in a Manufacturing environment advantageous.
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to recognize areas for efficiency increases and improvements
- A keen interest in what we do and our industry.
- Extensive accounting, financial reporting and analysis experience - preferably within a Consumer Products organization where you have been exposed to inventory.
What's on Offer
Great benefits, Christmas to New Year shut down, summer Fridays, cellphone and MacBook provided to enable you to work flexible hours, with the opportunity to work from home at your convenience.