You are here
Assistant Financial Controller
New York based in Manhattan looking for an Assistant Financial Controller in CPG
New York,Manhattan,Assistant Financial Controller,CPG,Consumer Goods
About Our Client
A fast growing Apparel Company located in New York City that is family owned and looking to build their brand to new heights and make a name in the CPG industry. Offices are new and oriented around an open group setting to promote teamwork and collaboration
The Assistant Financial Controller would be responsible for:
- Assist in providing strong leadership and coordination in all the financial-related activities of the company, the employee will have primary day-to-day responsibility for:
- Work with the Controller to manage corporate / statutory & fiscal matters
- Prepare quarterly and year-end financial statements, financial forecasting, and budgeting
- Responsible for inventory management for US operations, internal control compliance for US operations and strategic planning
- Responsible for dealing with external consultants (auditors, fiscal advisor, lawyers)
- Assist the Controller in overseeing the processing of payroll
- Assist the Controller in overseeing company human resource legal compliance
- Assist the Controller in overseeing 3rd party EDI consultant performance and company compliance and legal issues
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 4-6 years of professional experience in finance, with experience operating in a Manufacturing environment advantageous.
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to recognize areas for efficiency increases and improvements
- A keen interest in what we do and our industry.
- Extensive accounting, financial reporting and analysis experience - preferably within a Consumer Products organization where you have been exposed to inventory.
What's on Offer
Great benefits, Christmas to New Year shut down, summer Fridays. Health and 401(k) with matching, stock options, flexible work hours.