You are here
Assistant Fund Controller - Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Boston based
About Our Client
My client is a Boston based, market leading life sciences international venture capital firm. Boasting an impressive track record and pedigree, they are over 35 years old as a firm and have raised eight funds to date.
This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and Controller, and will be primarily responsible for the overseeing the accounting and reporting for the firm's various investment funds. Duties will include managing the quarterly and year-end closing process for multiple investment partnerships in concert with outsourced fund administrator. The candidate will also assist in all aspects of financial reporting to Limited Partners, including capital calls, distributions, financial statements and associated partners' capital accounts and portfolio reviews. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Partnership accounting for private investment funds, which may include the primary limited partner funds, general partner entities, complex alternative investment vehicle structures and various portfolio reporting
- Work closely with outsourced Fund administrator and oversee preparation of quarterly and annual fund financial statements, capital calls, distributions and related reporting to Limited Partners, assisting with ad hoc Limited Partner reporting as needed.
- Heavy utilization of Excel to perform daily tasks
- Cash management and treasury function for all investment funds to determine timing and amount for capital calls and distributions including reserves and required withholdings
- Assist with management fee, waterfall allocation and other complex calculations
- Assist Controller with quarterly and year-end valuations of individual portfolio investments in accordance with ASU Topic 820
- Liaise with auditors for interim and year-end
- Gather and report on portfolio company data
- Assist with preparation of both internal and external portfolio reviews and prepare supporting documentation
- Assist CFO with investment transactions including review of transaction documents, financial modeling and performing various scenario analysis
- Ensure compliance with internal investment policies and procedures
- Assist with tax, regulatory and other filings as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the business functions and special projects of the Firm
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a generous compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- CPA (highly desirable)
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience (either purely in Public Accounting or a blend of both Public and Private)
- Venture Capital or Private Equity accounting exposure
- Exposure to areas such as transaction, valuations etc.
- Good understanding of and experience with investment fund accounting
- "Outside of the box" thinker
- Embraces new technology and automation efficiencies
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of discretion and ability to maintain a strict degree of confidentiality with all company matters
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
What's on Offer
The compensation package offered will depend upon the successful candidate's background and experience. My client will tailor the package offered to ensure and incentivize a career move. In addition to a generous base salary, comprehensive benefits and additional incentives are also available.