You are here
Assistant General Counsel for Commercial Agreements
- Assistant General Counsel for Commercial Agreements
- leading global bank, 200 million customer accounts
About Our Client
Leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions.Provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients
Responsible for providing a broad range of commercial legal support for operational and corporate services issues, negotiating and drafting a wide range of general commercial contracts, including outsourcings, technology agreements, other services arrangements and other commercial contracts. This requires understanding and ensuring that contracting arrangements are consistent with applicable policies and regulatory requirements. Many of these arrangements are global frameworks that require flexibility to adapt a global model to specific and varied local legal, regulatory and business requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- US-qualified lawyer with 5+ years of proven general commercial transactional experience.
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus. Experience with IP or telecom a plus.
- Highly skilled negotiator and team player who can actively work with the businesses to engineer pragmatic solutions to a wide range of challenges, while balancing the need to comply with many legal, regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Ability to balance legal risk with commercial needs of the business.
- Proven ability to work with colleagues in different regions to find solutions across different legal, regulatory and business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, to pay attention to detail and to manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and to complete transactions quickly and effectively, while balancing business expectations with legal and regulatory compliance objectives in an efficient and effective manner. Ability to multi task and handle a demanding workload.
What's on Offer
Competitive with benefits