You are here
Assistant General Counsel (Retail Banking Ops)
- Global FS institution seeks an Assistant General Counsel to join Tampa office
- Must be an expert in US Banking and consumer finance regulations
About Our Client
Global FS Institution with retail banking arm.
The Assistant General Counsel will be an integral part of a dynamic team of subject matter experts providing legal counsel relative to bank deposit and retirement products. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with expertise in U.S. banking and consumer finance regulations to join the legal team and work directly with various levels of business partners in order to successfully achieve business goals. The role will be responsible for providing legal review of deposit and lending disclosures, drafting of documents and disclosures, handling responses to customer complaints, providing legal guidance on product, fee or operational changes to existing terms, conditions and/or operations and answering general legal questions across consumer product lines. The attorney will also be expected to follow updates to laws and regulations relevant to the consumer products and businesses being supported and to report on those updates as updates become available.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a practicing attorney providing legal guidance on U.S. federal consumer protection laws with a preference that the individual has prior experience supporting bank deposit and retirement products.
- The position requires a JD degree and bar admission in at least one state, Florida admission preferred.
- The successful candidate should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to respond rapidly and appropriately to fast-paced business needs.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus and benefits. Relocation for non-local candidates.