You are here
Assistant Project Manager- Construction
Please apply if you have 2-5 years of experience
Highly desirable experience working on either hotels or residential projects
About Our Client
Our client is a General Contractor that is one of the quickest growing firms in the Washington DC area. They are currently looking to add to their team and are targeting candidates with Residential Development experience in the Building and Construction industry.
Our client, located near Arlington, is seeking for a commercially driven, Assistant Project Manager- Construction to become an integral part of the project team to be involved in the delivery of prime residential projects in Washington DC.
The key duties of the Assistant Project Manager- Construction will include:
- managing the planning process;
- creating and reporting against the programme;
- liaison with Interior design teams to communicate client requirements;
- agreement of fees with suppliers and consultants;
- managing the design team;
- value management and value engineering;
- producing tender documents;
- identifying the appropriate contracting firms and suppliers;
- negotiating construction contracts;
- managing construction phase;
- ensuring the projects are delivered on time and within the budget.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a minimum of 2-3 years of previous experience in prime residential property projects along with a good understanding of structural design and ability to provide project forecasts at all stages.
In order to be considered for the Assistant Project Manager- Construction you must demonstrate:
- 2-3 years of previous experience in a similar role for either a residential developer or PM consultancy;
- ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and under pressure;
- ability to review and assess design, quality and cost;
- strong knowledge of the procurement and tendering process;
- good understanding of structural design and experience in project forecasting.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package.