You are here
Assistant Project Manager- DC-based Design/Build Firm
DC-based design-build general contractor seeking Project Manager
Company offers huge growth potential and ability to have an immediate impact
About Our Client
This 40-person firm is a design-build general contractor that specializes in both ground-up and renovation projects across a wide range of industries, including restaurants, retail, healthcare, and office interiors. This company focuses on high-quality construction with constant attention to safety and sustainability. Much of the current work is repeat business with loyal clients who the firm has done an excellent job for in the past. If you are looking for a high-quality contractor with excellent benefits and a top-notch work environment, this is for you. Office based outside of Washington, DC.
Assistant Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing all aspects of projects to include client relationships, schedules, budgets, and profitability through comprehensive project completion.
- Collaborate with the Superintendent to develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with Superintendent to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Assist in maintaining appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots
The Successful Applicant
Assistant Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Construction Management or related field
- 2+ years experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Experience as an APM or Project Engineer on restaurant, retail, office interiors or healthcare construction projects ideally
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
What's on Offer
Interested? Submit your resume now or call Stacey on (617) 428-3682.