You are here
Assistant Project Manager- Design/Build General Contractor
Richmond-based design-build general contractor seeking high-potential APM
Company offers huge growth potential and ability to have an immediate impact
About Our Client
This 40-person firm is a design-build general contractor that specializes in both ground-up and renovation projects across a wide range of industries, including restaurants, retail, healthcare, and office interiors. This company focuses on high-quality construction with constant attention to safety and sustainability. Much of the current work is repeat business with loyal clients who the firm has done an excellent job for in the past. If you are looking for a high-quality contractor with excellent benefits and a top-notch work environment, this is for you. Office based just north of Richmond, VA.
Assistant Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Managers in developing budgets for projects.
- Collect subcontractor quotes and put them into a budget spreadsheet.
- Take construction meeting notes and follow-up on tasks to be performed.
- Document control including daily job diaries, updating record drawings, managing submittal process, managing RFI process, and dissemination of information
- Perform daily project management-related tasks as directed by the Project Manager
- Scheduling material and resource procurement to ensure on-time project completion.
- Maintaining accurate job records and updated schedules and expenses.
The Successful Applicant
Assistant Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years experience in an APM or Project Engineer capacity at another General Contractor
- Computer literacy skills. Knowledge of Prolog, Timberline and Primavera a plus
- Passion for construction and interest in commercial contracting
What's on Offer
Interseted? Submit your resume now or call Stacey at (617) 428-3682.