You are here
Assistant Project Manager - General Contractor
General contractor looking for strong APM
Located in the DC Metro area
About Our Client
This general contractor provides services for the government and private sectors with a focus on interior design and build-outs. Their client base includes commercial real estate organizations, public relations firms, law practices and human resource consultants.
- The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with various tasks of projects, including scheduling, budgeting and client relations.
- Attend pre-construction meetings to understand the scope and execution plans for different projects
- Ensure that construction site rules and project procedures are followed and executed
- Review and provide schedule information for bid documents
- Monitor contractor/vendor pending costs as reported and the appropriate contractor/vendor. Ensure that the cost report is updated on a monthly basis
- Obtain client's acceptance of the work, and sign-off for the completed project
The Successful Applicant
- BS Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 2-5 years of construction management experience as an APM
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement and industry standards for commercial developments
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team oriented environment
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus calculated based on project performance
- Excellent health and dental benefits
Please contact Jim Tyrrell at Michael Page directly at (617) 428-3686 for more information.