You are here
Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager needed for General Contractor
High profile General Contractor hiring Assistant Project Manager
About Our Client
The company is a well-known general contractor. They are headquartered in Los Angeles and have been around over almost 50 years. They have successful completed over 1,000 projects and have a very diversified portfolio of projects. Their projects range from athletic facilities to commercial projects. The majority of their business is repeat business or referrals!
Their office is 10 minutes away from the beach and employees get off work early on every Friday. A lot of employees come from the top California and National general contractors. One of their greatest assets is their highly skilled and dedicated staff. Many of their employees have been with the company for 20 years. They have high retention rate of their employees because of their culture and how everyone is treated very well.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Handle the day to day management responsibilities of one or more projects.
- Where applicable; work closely with the Superintendent, Project Engineer, and Project Accountant on a daily basis
- Manage construction projects from the beginning to end resulting in successful and timely project completion.
- Review all project plans/documents thoroughly
- Meet with the Project Executive to review the project
Meet with the Client and/or Architect to clarify the project scope
Participate in the project kick-off and "box-pass" meetings
The Successful Applicant
A successful Assistant Project Manager will have a background in commercial construction projects. The Assistant Project Manager will experience in ground up, tenant improvement and renovation work. The Assistant Project Manager should feel comfortable with project sizes from 4-50 million. Experience with Procore is a huge plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management is generally required
- Knowledge of construction techniques and proper scheduling of subcontractors work is essential
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specifications is required
- Excellent math skills and computer literacy is a must
- 3-5 years of construction experience is preferred
- Must have leadership and problem solving ability
- Strong sense of urgency
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy, solid math skills and basic ability to read blueprints are all required
What's on Offer
The Construction Assistant Project Manager in Los Angeles will receive the following benefits package:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus per project
- Health care
- Cell phone
- Gas card