You are here
Assistant Property Manager - Commercial&Industrial Properties
Oversee the maintenance of approximately 80 commercial/industrial properties
Involved with all aspects of property management operations&daily administration
About Our Client
Our client provides real estate advisory and property management services and manages a real estate portfolio of industrial and commercial buildings within the USA.
Under the direction of the executive management team, the Assistant Property Manager oversees the maintenance of approximately 80 commercial/industrial properties and is directly involved with all aspects of property management operations and daily administrative tasks.
- Keep all properties in good order, condition, repair - requires travel to various properties within Southern California
- Daily administrative tasks such as notarial acts, answering phones, greeting guests, purchasing supplies, establishing and maintaining office filing systems, and distributing mail
- Draft and maintain corporate minutes
- Provide excellent tenant service; respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff, follow‐up with tenants to insure satisfactory resolution of any issues.
- Periodic inspection of properties to confirm performance of tenant and landlord's responsibilities under the lease
- Participate in the resolution of legal matters as they arise in connection with delinquent tenants or tenants illegally occupying property
- Landscape maintenance, repair and supervision of contractors including mowing, trimming, shrubbery, maintenance, seasonal flowers, sprinklers, etc.
- Responsible for all property/building related correspondence to tenants, brokers, vendors and contractors
- Responsible for pass through of appropriate common area operating expenses as stipulated in collective lease agreements
- Prepares vacant spaces for lease, which may include getting improvements and updating tile, carpet, plumbing, ADA restrooms, lights, ceilings, painting, hardware, etc.
- Market available properties, solicitation of tenants
- Involved in the negotiation of leases and lease extensions, engaging brokers to lease properties, maintenance of lease files
- Coordinate the provision of utility services for tenants including trash and water
- Collect rent checks including maintaining current accounts receivable
- Support the President of Property Management by performing various administrative tasks, other duties as needed, and ad hoc projects
- Supporting the Construction and Development department with tenant build‐to‐suit construction projects and potential future development
- Assist with matters pertaining to environmental issues on two contaminated properties
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant experience preferred
- Commercial or Industrial Property Management experience required
- Strong customer service skills is a must
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Excellent time management skills
- Manage their own schedule throughout the day and prioritize for maximum efficiency
- Excellent written/verbal communication and listening skills
- Confident and courteous to clients and potential renters
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Exceptional organizational skills and an attention to detail
What's on Offer
Comprehensive salary + bonus + 401k plan with generous matching + family culture
No relocation assistance provided. Only local candidates will be considered