You are here
Assistant Property Manager
Chicago's leading Property Management company has an opening!
Ideal for someone early in their career, with 1-2 years of relevant experience
About Our Client
With nearly a century in business, our client is one of Chicago's most prominent property management companies. The properties that they manage include several of the luxurious high-rises and historical buildings that make Chicago's skyline unique. Their goal and purpose has simply been to provide excellence for their clients, and through that goal they have secured themselves a leader in their industry.
Their current need for an assistant property manager gives you a chance to boost your career by joining a household name within property management. They have made it a point to lift up their employees and make sure that organic growth is common. Not only do they focus on having their employees grow, but also their clients! Their attentiveness to their clients wants and needs shows with some associations being part of their portfolio from the beginning.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The entrant will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to make payments to vendors, process resident rental payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
Examples of duties are:
- Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents. Issue notice when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Deposits all receipts prior to bank close each day.
- Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the property manager.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Proof reads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed.
The Successful Applicant
Essential Job Functions:
- 4 year degree from accredited college required
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in real estate and/or property management
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competence in operation of telephone,Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
What's on Offer
- Competitive pay + benefits
- Work with the best in the industry
- Lot of career growth present as they keep growing steadily
- Fun, autonomous work environment
- Gain full exposure to the real estate/property management industry