You are here
National Developer Seeking Experienced Assistant Superintendents
Multifamily GC Experience Preferred
About Our Client
My client is a fully-integrated national real estate developer. They develop, build, manage, and operate all of their communities, and have properties in 15 states across the US. They are a nationally-ranked top developer, and focuses their market strategy on a long-term investment model (build-to-own as oppsed to build-to-sell). Their pipeline for this year is in excess of $7B nationwide.
- Responsible for quality control and inspection approval from the municipal court and/or governing authorities.
- Performs daily inspection of community and prepares two-week schedule for subcontractors/suppliers.
- Prepares progress reports for Project Manager.
- Leads efforts to promote safety on projects and monitors subcontractor's work in complying with the Company's safety program.
- Conducts weekly safety meetings.
- Responsible for correction on any deficient workmanship and sub-standard work.
- Manages the workload of the field Associates at the community to achieve the desired results.
- Mentors and trains construction associates in the policies, procedures, systems and technical construction means and methods used by the Company.
- Participates in hiring process.
- Maintains the construction documents (lot files, trade associate files and plan rack) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
The Successful Applicant
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in multi-family construction is required.
- 4 - 8 years prior related work experience.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver's license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
What's on Offer
- Competitive pay
- Substantial amount of projects in the pipeline
- 401k + healthcare
- Home purchasing assistance/apartment discounts when available