You are here
Associate - Commercial Real Estate
Growing central TX commercial real estate firm
Chance to run your own deals within 2 years!
About Our Client
Our client is an Austin TX based real estate private equity firm that has generated consistent returns on investments for their clients and investors. With multiple investment programs ranging from core to opportunistic, each program gives the opportunity for growth in various points of the real estate cycle allowing investors to reach their maximum investment potential. The company has roughly 500,000 sq ft of commercial/mixed use retail space under development at the moment.
Newly created Commercial Real Estate Associate will perform detailed financial analysis and modeling for development opportunities across several asset types: office, retail and mixed-use real estate. The Commercial Real Estate Associate will perform property level strategic planning, quarterly and annual budgeting and reforecasts, and provide oversight of third-party operating partners and leasing teams. Other responsibilities:
- Maintain and run financial models on existing funds, assets and/or acquisitions using Argus, DCF Models or other similar financial tools.
- Create sophisticated analyses for tracking and reviewing returns and performance on Asset and Fund levels
- Conduct sub-market research, including the collection and analysis of numerous categories of market data
- Evaluate research data and produce real time valuation
- Understand and be proficient in forecasting cash distributions and cash requirements for assets and funds
- Update and complete various investor reports, including financial snapshots and qualitative summaries
- Provide support in modeling and analyzing financial data regarding refinancing, acquisitions and/or disposition of investments
- Communicate with people inside and outside the organization (Asset Management, Acquisitions, Legal, Accounting, Operating Partners, etc.)
- Prepare and present reporting to executives and committees
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters/MBA preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and Excel modeling capabilities; exposure to ARGUS a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, internal and external professional communications
- Understanding of private equity, investment risk and real estate investments.
- Prefer candidates who have exposure to commercial real estate properties/assets (office, mixed-use, high density urban projects a plus)
- Exposure to ground up developments a plus
What's on Offer
Strong salary, bonus and opportunity to access fees/promote.