You are here
Associate Director of Quality Assurance
- A leading electronics manufacturer located in the central Long Island (NY) area
- Hiring an Associate Quality Director - RELOCATION AVAILABLE
About Our Client
Our client is a world class industrial electronics/electrical components manufacturing company located in the central Long Island (NY) area. The organization is currently experiencing expansion and growth and is looking to add some exceptional talent to their rapidly growing team!
The Associate Director of Quality Assurance will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensures that processes needed for maintenance of the Quality Management System and the site Quality Policy are established, implemented, and maintained. Enlists the site leadership staff and subordinates in the cost-effective manufacture of high-quality automotive hardware, and in the continual improvement of the Quality Management System through Management Review.
- Establishes objectives, policies, and procedures for plant quality assurance activities. Reports the plant's performance to Eaton upper management against Quality targets for leading performance indicators, customer quality concerns, internal Cost of Quality / Cost of Non-Conformance (CONC), and any needs for QMS improvement.
- Manages a staff of Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians, and Laboratory personnel to achieve quality assurance objectives. Recruits and develops a talent pipeline for Quality professionals.
- Ensures the promotion, awareness, and compliance to customer and regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
- Monitors overall plant quality progress and performance and makes corrections as needed.
- Acts as a primary organizational contact for customer concerns and ensures appropriate corrective actions are deployed as necessary.
- Ensures that necessary certifications for QMS registrars, regulatory requirements, and special processes are obtained, maintained, and improved.
- Ensures organizational readiness for customer, regulatory, and other third party assessments related to the QMS.
- Manage QA department resources to maximize QMS compliance and to ensure continual improvement against established objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Associate Director of Quality Assurance position will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years experience in Quality Engineering in an industrial high rate manufacturing environment is REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in from an accredited institution is REQUIRED
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Advanced degree in Management (MBA) or Engineering preferred from an accredited institution HIGHLY DESIRED
- Understanding of ISO9001 requirements
- 3 years experience managing direct reports
- Experience using and applying Six Sigma tools and methods. Six Sigma Green Belt certification from Eaton, GE or other major manufacturer
- ASQ, CQE or CMQOE certification preferred
- Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt certification preferred
- Lead QMS Auditor certification preferred
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive base salary, immense growth potential/career progression, really great benefits AND relocation for candidates who are not local!