You are here
Associate Director of Tax and Reporting & Forecasting
Global Healthcare Organization
Exceptional Mentoring and Development
About Our Client
Our client is a global healthcare business with operation in over 80 countries. With their Global HQ in the north Suburbs of Chicago, the company is recognized as one that has continually invested in its employees regardless of economic climate. Their financial track record is impressive, but beyond that, their commitment to their employees and the mutual development of them and the company is rare in these balance sheet focused times.
This role will help shape structure, strategy and planning. The company do not want a compliance focused individual, but a well-rounded person who understands the compliance landscape, but is capable of building a sensible, smart analytical Tax group offering in that ties in with the overall financial strategy of the business.
- Responsible for accuracy of income tax elements of the Company's financial statements and management reports. Works in partnership with business and accounting management to meet tax accounting needs of the business.
- Responsible for building the budgeting and forecasting model for the global tax position for the company
- Manages elements of the Company's tax accounting activities, relative to both GAAP and adjusted earnings. Develops and implements tax accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated across the organization. Ensures tax aspects of the Company's financial statements are prepared in accordance with its tax accounting policies.
- Reviews tax accounting results. Prepares management reports and presents results to the leadership team including CFO and COO.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to tax accounting processes and procedures. Drives and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting external audits working closely with their Big 4 external audit firm.
- Partners with various disciplines within the organization. Examples include, but are not limited to: FP&A (tax rate budgeting and forecasting and analysis of actual results to budget); Accounting (external financial reporting, statutory audit support); Treasury (indefinite reinvestment assertion); Finance (tax effects of transactional planning and operational changes); and other tax professionals (e.g., estimating current year book-tax differences, return to provision comparisons and tax accounting related to tax planning).
- Work with other Tax department members on documenting and quantifying uncertain tax positions.
- Assist other Tax and FP&A personnel with forecasting the impact to the Company's effective tax rate for the impact of tax planning matters and other business (operational) transactions.
The Successful Applicant
The position reports to a tremendous mentor/leader with a Big 4 and Top Tier Grad School background
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8+ years of progressive tax and tax accounting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable tax accounting regulations (principally ASC 740 but also ASC 450).
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Public accounting and industry experience.
- Experience with multiple tax disciplines including US federal tax, US international tax, state and local tax, and/or transfer pricing.
- Working knowledge of 'local country' tax rules, primarily in pan-European countries.
- Ability to research, analyze and document tax accounting technical positions using FASB codification and tax accounting guide books issued by Big 4 accounting firms.
- CPA and/or MST in Taxation preferred
What's on Offer
The client offers a great package with a great salary of $150,000 - $175,000 + 20% Bonus + Equity (yearly allocation) they have a solid work life balance, with a focus on performance not office hours and have the ability to work from home as needed.