You are here
Associate - Global FX Division
Global FS Trade Association - Investment Bank Client Base
Relationship Management, FX Regulations, Project Initiatives
About Our Client
The FX Associate will be a member of the Global FX Division of a Global Financial Markets Trade Association located in Manhattan, New York City, that represents Broker-dealers, Investment Banks and Asset Management firms. The objectives of the FX division include promoting an efficient global FX Market; Monitoring new developments in regulations, policy and market structure; Helping to develop regulations, market policy and best practices, and facilitate consultation with key market participants; Building relationships with members and regulators and identifying new members.
- Research, analyze, understand and synthesize key aspects of specific legislation and regulation as related to the FX market in the Americas and globally.
- Build relationships within the regulatory, supervisory and banking community, primarily within the Americas.
- Collaborate with the GFXD team members to ensure that positions developed in relation to legislation and regulation are well though through and reflect a deep understanding of GFXD members' challenges.
- Assist the Managing Director, Americas and other GFXD team members with the management of GFXD committees and working groups.
- Take responsibility for specific projects and initiatives, such as comment letters in response to regulatory consultations.
- Work with the affiliated and unaffiliated trade associations to further the GFXD's work.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business or Finance. An advanced degree is a plus but not required.
- Must have 2 - 3 years of front, middle, or back-office experience, or consultancy experience, within the wholesale fixed income, currencies and commodities (FICC) markets, preferably within or with exposure to the foreign exchange business, including familiarity with trade life cycles.
- A strong interest in the financial markets.
- Comfortable analyzing information at a detailed level and pulling it back to the "big picture"; the intellect to analyze and explain in detail the practical impact of regulatory/policy initiatives.
- Good judgment, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Experience in managing, or assisting the management of, projects and people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to engage confidently with many different audiences.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; the ability to prioritize numerous tasks;
- Ability to work independently and exercise sensible judgment.
- Team player; able to establish and build successful, professional relationships.
- Must be practical, proactive and solution oriented.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits