You are here
Associate - Leveraged Finance (Middle Market)
- Entrepreneurial opportunity within a well-established asset management firm
- Must have prior middle-market senior debt/leveraged finance experience
About Our Client
Our client is a leading asset management firm located in the downtown Chicago loop.
The Associate will support the firm's effort to construct and manage high quality, diversified senior loan portfolios that exceed market risk-adjusted returns. This will be achieved by evaluating and executing financing opportunities in a manner that balances strong credit disciplines with a positive customer relationship approach. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing and summarizing all due diligence materials related to the credit quality of businesses being acquired or owned by the firm's private equity customer base, including the analysis of the company's historical and present financial condition, products and/or services, sales and marketing strategies, customer and supplier base, industry dynamics, competitive position, management team, and financial projections;
- Working with the origination team to manage the due diligence, screening, and underwriting approval processes;
- Assisting with the syndication process on transactions in which our client is leading the financings;
- Fulfilling all portfolio management requirements including on-going credit analysis, reporting and follow-on credit activities (amendments, recapitalizations, acquisitions, restructurings, etc.)
- Supporting the firm's efforts to attract, develop, and retain best-in-class origination, underwriting and portfolio management talent.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite.
- Strong credit capabilities with over 3 years of relevant middle market credit underwriting and portfolio management experience.
- Thorough understanding of complex financial modeling.
- Strong finance and accounting skills along with an intense attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of economics and the ability to apply current domestic and global trends to credit underwriting and portfolio management.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage work flow while taking ownership for the results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to help build and maintain a culture of honesty, integrity, trust, transparency, teamwork, tenacity, competitiveness, excellence, and fun
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits