You are here
Audit Project Lead
- Downtown Boston
- Large Asset Management Firm
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest Financial Services firms in Boston. Boasting an impressive pedigree and track record of success, they have won numerous industry awards and recognition's over the years.
The Audit Project Leader delivers audit services that consistently satisfy the needs and reasonable expectations of the client by helping them improve the control environment, streamline their business and achieve operational excellence. Leading an audit, s/he has responsibility for evaluating risks and controls, executing audit reviews, supervising others in testing and fieldwork phases of the review, communicating issues and findings to management, devising solutions for business improvements, and following-up on corrective actions. The Project Leader will need to work effectively in a team setting to perform all audit work in accordance with department and professional standards. Additionally, the Project Leader will prepare detailed reports of audit findings, recommend control improvements as appropriate and complete assignments in an efficient manner with sufficient attention to detail to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of process.
Main duties and responsibilities will be the following:
- Individually and as part of a project team, develop, execute, and document control evaluation
- Evaluate the system of internal controls and prepare risk assessment matrices, audit programs and audit planning memos as appropriate
- Organize and analyze audit data and summarize audit findings for management review
- Assess and escalate issues identified during audit assignments or special projects
- Participate in discussions of audit results with management
- Supervise/review junior teammates on their fieldwork
- Apply and leverage current and emerging audit tools and techniques in data analysis
- Perform technical research using external and internal source material.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree (accounting, finance or related discipline preferred)
- 4 - 6 years audit or relevant business line experience
- Proficiency in risk analysis and report preparation
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
- Works well individually and in teams by sharing information and supporting colleagues
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance
- Knowledgeable in local regulatory requirements: Regulators (Federal Reserve, OCC, etc.) with Private Banking / Know Your Customer "KYC" / Anti Money Laundering "AML" / USA PATRIOT ACT Experience
- Effectively supervise/coach, motivate and provide feedback to more junior teammates
- Able to multi-task effectively; juggle several components of an audit at the same time.
What's on Offer
- $85,000 - $95,000 base salary
- Competitive performance related bonus scheme
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself - within the Firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.