You are here
Leading Accounting Practice Seeks Senior Audit Professional - Urgent Hire!
Great Opportunity for Public Accounting Professionals Seeking Growth
About Our Client
Our client, based in the Greater Hartford area, is an extremely successful and well-established public accounting and consulting firm. With a regional network and experienced senior management, our client has created a wonderful working environment promoting a supportive work/life balance, the ability to grow within the organization and elite training.
Currently, the firm is seeking additional assistance in the Audit space. Working alongside upper management, you will receive solid training and career growth.
In this role, the Audit Senior will be a key member of the growing division based in the Greater Hartford area. In addition to partnering with upper management, the Audit Senior will be responsible for:
- * Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
* Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
* Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
* Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
* Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
* Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
* Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
* Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Audit Senior will provide analytical and organizational skills, in addition to being ready to exceed expectations from day one! The following characteristics and qualifications are essential:
- Bachelor's in accounting required, CPA certification a plus
- 2 to 6 years of recent accounting experience, public accounting preferred
- Experience in the construction industry
- Strong technical skills pertaining to financial statement preparation and review
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to join a large, well-established public accounting firm unlike their competitors. Offering a good work/life balance, the ability to grow and a competitive compensation package, this is a once-in-a-lifetime role for public accounting professionals!