You are here
Automation & Controls Engineer
5-10 + years of experience designing, programming and testing automation system
Automation software experience with Rockwell RSLogix 5000
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the Life Science industry. They are currently hiring a number of Engineers for their facility in Florida.
As the Automation & Controls engineer you will be in charge of any change to any existing automated system, acting as system administrator for all automated systems, and ensure the integrity of the data generated by automated systems. Provide day to day automation/controls engineering and Project Management support for the facility.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- oversee and coordinate activities regarding the design, construction, factory acceptance testing, installation and commissioning of all automated manufacturing, lab, and facility equipment.
- Manage scope, cost and schedule for automation controls projects as required.
- Identify, implement and lead data integrity methodologies for automated systems to ensure absolute reliability of the data that's being generated.
- Provide automation/controls engineering support for manufacturing, and act as a liaison between manufacturing and Corporate IT and other business system stakeholders for all manufacturing, QC and facilities controls/automation/data integrity projects.
- Ownership of automation system life cycle documents.
- Responsible for the defense of the automated systems and all executed protocols and reports during regulatory inspections and internal audits
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other related field required.
- 5-10 + years of experience designing, programming and testing automation systems in a pharma/biotech manufacturing, laboratory, R&D or pilot plant environment
- Automation software experience with Rockwell RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk® Batch, FactoryTalk® View Site Edition, FactoryTalk® View Machine Edition and PlantPAx is required.
- Knowledge of FDA, EU, and global GMP's including Good Automated Manufacturing Practices, 21 CFR Part 11, and EU cGMP Annex 11
- Knowledge of Data Integrity Requirements for FDA, EU, and global regulatory authorities.
- Experience with other systems, such as PI-Historian, FactoryTalk Production Centre, and FactoryTalk PharmaSuite
- cGMP and Validation experience Life Science / Pharmaceutical industry experience
What's on Offer
On offer is a great opportunity to join a growing engineering team as the Automation & Controls Engineer. They have a good base salary and great benefits.