You are here
Automotive Technology Research Manager
About Our Client
Belron are the world's leading vehicle glass repair and replacement group. Home to 26,500 employees, Belron operates across 34 countries and 5 continents to ensure all our customers receive the best quality service. Their purpose is really clear and is all about "making a difference by solving people's problems with real care". This means being totally customer driven in their approach and key to this is their employees who are at the heart of everything they do and are the key part to their success in an environment that rewards success. Belron have been recognised in the Best Workplaces awards within the medium business category and pride themselves on their commitment to their employees offering an extensive benefits programme and career opportunities ensuring they reward the hard work of their employees.
Based in the UK, Germany or the USA, the role provides a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and people focused organisation in a key and influential position, where the work is varied and challenging and the people are friendly and genuinely proud of their company.
Belron is exceptional in having its own dedicated research and development division, Belron Technical. This is a team of innovators focused on driving technical standards and developing innovations in vehicle glass repair and increasingly in broader automotive technology development.
Recognising that we are moving into this broader area, we have created the new role of Automotive Technology Research Manager, to lead the research and knowledge growth within the team, helping the business to target future vehicle trends and new technologies that will have an impact, working with stakeholders to capitalise on the opportunities. A key part of this role will be to share best practice and knowledge both with the team, key global stakeholders within the business and with relevant external partners and bodies. Key responsibilities will include:
• Constantly monitoring and understanding trends in automotive technology - such as ADAS systems and functionality, embedded and post production installed connectivity technology, sensors and transducers, etc;
• Actively following drivers of global and national automotive design change such as government legislation, consumer pressure, safety studies, research, etc;
• Determining the current and future impact of automotive technology on Belron, Business Units, customers and key partners;
• Focusing on technology trends that will deliver major opportunities for stakeholders - helping quantify the size of the prize, determining the key external players in the field, creating the understanding of the technology solutions needed and creating strong internal and external partnerships to deliver results ;
• Raising awareness of threats and working with global stakeholders to minimise risk - quantifying the size of the threat, determining the likelihood and timescales of a problem occurring, leading a global team to generate an agreed action plan and the delivery of the appropriate geographic solution;
• Creating and maintaining strong research links with external bodies, for example: Universities, Government and Specialist Bodies, vehicle manufacturers, Tier 1 suppliers, etc;
• Creating and maintaining a global knowledge sharing and measurable value adding community within Belron;
• Partnering functions such as the Sales and Marketing community to deliver tailor made support for B2B account relationships and B2C messaging;
• Ensuring the voice of Belron and the Business Units is heard, by pro-actively shaping the local market
The Successful Applicant
To be successful as the Automotive Technology Research Manager you will be degree educated and have a strong track record in the automotive sector within a vehicle manufacturer or an organisation / agency working with the automotive market. You will have knowledge of automotive technologies and how these are developing and have strong research methodology know how to develop business meaning and impact of these technological enhancements. Operating in a highly decentralised model, you must be able to demonstrate an excellent ability to proactively build and maintain great collaborative relationships with the global legal team as well as with key internal and external stakeholders. Additionally we are looking for someone with the natural enthusiasm and curiosity to understand the future sector trends and the confidence and ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the business to share this best practice and knowledge. You will be a strong communicator and have dealt with multi-levels of stakeholders based internationally and have strong influencing skills. You will be able to build strong business cases based on insight and research and deliver this out to the wider business. You must also be able to build strong relationships and partnerships with external bodies including universities, manufacturers, governing bodies etc.
What's on Offer
Excellent package on offer including a base salary circa £60,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits