You are here
AVP Financial Reporting - Hedge Funds
Top Tier Multinational Company
About Our Client
My client has over 20,000 employees globally and has a truly global footprint. This particular Financial Reporting division covers the asset classes of Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Real Estate Investments.
Oversee the planning, scheduling, and management of the daily workflow of hedge fund reporting. Maintain strong client relationships. Evaluate and recommend process improvements, resulting in better client service and cost reduction to the firm. Actively participate in client meetings, presentations and overall business development. Reporting directly into the Vice President, main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients with responsibility for implementing and supporting the service requirements of the various client relationships serviced within the group.
- Supervision of personnel involved in the preparation of interim / annual financial statements for alternative investments products (Hedge, Private Equity, Real Estate & Exchange funds).
- Involvement in recruitment, training, development and retention of a team who are responsible for meeting their client's financial reporting needs and who in turn are effectively managing their team members.
- Maintain high quality and efficient output of the teams through quality performance reviews and maintaining an open rapport with the team of managers.
- Responsible for management of key client and intermediary relationships, working closely with client relationship managers and counterparts in other internal departments to ensure a seamless and coordinated service delivery by the firm.
- Act as a source of technical support and guidance within the business, including undertaking reviews for financial statements prepared by the teams ensuring that all financial statements are prepared in accordance with the relevant GAAP and are reviewed in detail prior to issuance to external parties (clients / auditors).
- Actively contribute to the continuing growth and development of the group's business strategy.
- Plan, develop and deliver upon major initiatives in collaboration with clients and support teams.
- Set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain high standards of client service; conduct performance appraisals and give feedback on individual and team performance.
- Ensure all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as make recommendations for changes.
- Remain informed of regulatory changes and new industry and competitor developments.
- Perform other special projects or tasks as assigned, including staffing, managing progress, addressing questions and monitoring results of the project.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field plus related experience.
- Proven skills with overall work-flow management and client satisfaction. Experience in business development and implementing and executing business strategy to achieve overall goals.
- Experience in Financial Reporting of Private Equity, Hedge Funds and/ or Real Estate Investments.
- Strong computer skills - advanced knowledge of Microsoft office
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time / project management skills (ability to meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to see bigger picture, take initiative and offer solutions.
What's on Offer
Between $ 100,000 and $ 120,000 base salary plus annual performance related bonus incentive.