You are here
AVP- Financial Reporting
Global Investment Bank
Highly Dynamic Role
About Our Client
- Preparing reconciliations and reporting to ensure accuracy of the financials.
- Preparing monthly financial statements, Head Office reporting, BHC reporting and other reports, as needed.
- Perform variance analysis and prepare commentary for significant movements in Balance Sheet and P&L.
- Perform balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis.
- Prepare journal entries to the general ledger and perform necessary book closing operations.
- Assist with the preparation of both internal and external financial reports.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc reports, forms and schedules to provide management and other stakeholders with financial information.
- Review and update existing policies and procedures and create new policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards necessary for the completion of assigned tasks.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of the bank's business operations and operational workflows.
- Work with both internal and external audit on any requested info and support.
- Analyze processes and propose re-engineering opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- BA or BS in Accounting with minimum 4 years of experience in financial accounting (Finance majors will be considered, but must have some accounting background/course work)
- Professional certification, CPA is preferred
- Basic knowledge of financial products (repos, derivatives)
- MS- Excel (intermediate), MS-Word (intermediate), MS-Access (basic)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detailed oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and work life balance