You are here
AVP Lending Compliance Officer - Banking
Assistant Vice President Level
Boston based medium sized Bank
About Our Client
My client is a medium sized, full service regional bank based in Boston. Their business operations are focused in the New England area.
The Lending Compliance Officer monitors changes in lending compliance laws and regulations in order to provide appropriate guidance to affected business units. This position also provides guidance to the credit risk analysis department.
Duties include creating implementation plans for any regulatory or product/service changes; assists business units with creating and managing appropriate controls, assists business units with keeping affected policies and procedures current, assists departments with ongoing monitoring activities, conducting compliance monitoring or reviews, and assists in the development and delivery of customized compliance training.
The position also may need to respond to lending-related compliance questions from departments. This position assists the Head of Department in preparing reports to regulators, management, and any board or internal committees as applicable. You will also:
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations, enforcement actions and examination trends.
- Assist Deposit Compliance Officer as back-up resource as needed for responding to deposit-related questions and requests.
- Assist with the dissemination of information to various departments regarding new or amended lending related laws and regulations.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Bank's regulatory compliance management system.
- Assist with any reporting necessary to fulfill the objectives of the Compliance Program.
- Manage all related testing and monitoring to monitor Lending and CRA departments for compliance with consumer and other applicable lending laws/regulations.
- Prepare monitoring reports, discuss the results with management, and track remediation as appropriate.
- Work as appropriate with Project Management Office or independently to create and manage implementation plans for all regulatory changes and serve as a compliance resource for other department's implementation plans related to system, product and service changes.
- Work with the consumer and commercial lending areas to ensure implementation of regulatory changes per implementation plans, including the creation or revision of policies and procedures, controls, testing, evaluation and detailed documentation.
- Work with business units and training personnel, as needed, to ensure the development and delivery of high quality, innovative lending compliance training.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, you will possess the following:
- At least 5 to 7 years' regulatory experience in either a bank lending compliance function or with a bank regulatory agency in a position which reviews lending compliance. CRCM or equivalent accreditation preferred.
- Proven track record of working on compliance review projects, researching complex compliance issues, and/or answering detailed compliance questions within short deadlines set by others.
- Proficiency in interpreting and analyzing impact of federal and state regulations, with particular proficiency in consumer and other lending regulations required. Proven proficiency with TRID and HMDA required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of FNMA and other secondary market guidelines. Underwriting experience is a plus.
- Experience performing compliance reviews/audits for a financial institution.
- Experience in developing and delivering compliance or other technical training.
- Strong ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- The ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Proficient conflict management skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to travel freely amongst branch locations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook). Knowledge of regulatory compliance management systems, CRA and Fair Lending Wiz, Encompass and D+H LOS systems would be helpful.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Parking scheme
- Full healthcare and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance etc.)