You are here
Billing Coordinator - Legal
Exciting Opportunity working for a Prestigious Law Firm in NYC
An experianced individual with a stong backgound in Legal Billing
About Our Client
This Law Firm has over 700 lawyers in 15 offices worldwide. They aim to help industry leaders across a broad array of sectors. Overall a values-driven law firm, guided by the principles of excellence, leadership, and citizenship.
- Reviewing billing memos on a monthly basis, time and expenses, transfers needed and finalizing the invoices.
- Expected to be familiar with legal terms and processes
- Must communicate daily with attorneys, paralegals and assistants require excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with any special billing requirements of the clients/files assigned and is responsible for compliance with these requirements. (e.g. preparing additional descriptions of expenses, preparing special billing cover pages or letters).
- Knowledge of E-Billing.
- Responsible for preparing the file that is to be sent to the client for billing.
- Reviewing the file to maintain accuracy and compliance with the client's billing guidelines.
- Candidate must be very flexible and highly committed to quality, customer service, teamwork and supporting Firm and department goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for coordination and resolution of E-billing issues for assigned clients.
- Ensure timely and helpful communications are being sent to appropriate parties where the data needed to resolve an issue is fully identified and communicated efficiently and effectively.
- Proactively monitor E-billing progress including status reporting in e-billing systems, work-in-progress, client, matter and timekeeper set-ups, and other key process aspects.
- Ensure that all E-billing issues, including deductions, are monitored and resolved timely and provide submission and problem solving assistance where needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years billing experience, preferably in a law firm environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Position requires outstanding written and verbal communications skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to strategizes, multi-task and prioritize.
- Ideal candidate has an exemplary customer service mindset, is highly motivated, and enjoys a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Must have strong technology skills, including third party E-billing software and an ability to leverage technology in work processes. E-billing Hub experience is also preferred.
- Must have experience with Elite Enterprise
- Must be proficient in French
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with great benefits!