You are here
Billing Supervisor- Legal
Exciting Opportunity working for a thriving Law Firm in NYC
An experianced individual with a stong backgound in Legal Billing
About Our Client
One of the world's leading international law firms firm with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Billing Supervisor for their growing team.
- Supports the Partners by managing all aspects of billing for assigned clients and matters.
- Reviews matter set up to ensure compliance with rate agreements and outside counsel guidelines.
- Facilitates set up and provides reporting for budgets, alternate fee arrangements and accrual requests. Assistance will be provided from Firm Finance when needed for more complex reporting requirements.
- Reviews time entries based on client and matter requirements (block billing, task codes, summer associate time etc.). Reviews cost entries for compliance and makes Partner aware of any issues.
- Submits new timekeeper approvals for ebilled clients and contacts clients regarding new matters or other eBilling system requirements.
- Completes billing for all assigned clients. For eBilled clients, ensures successful submission of all invoices in appropriate eBilling Vendor's system.
- Monitors eBilled submissions, and assists with resolution of any rejections.
- Contacts the client on past due receivables and works closely with the Collections Department with any collections problems.
- Supports the partners by reviewing monthly reports to identify overdue billing or collections, and to ensure all current proformas are generated.
- Demonstrates solid judgment and diplomacy when executing Partner requests, and when interacting with team members and senior management. Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all financial and systems-related information.
- Helps, as required, to coordinate Partner departures. Provide Unbilled time/cost and A/R reporting, and oversee matter reassignments for matter that are staying with the Firm
- Facilitates the development of staff by providing opportunities and support; provides timely feedback on work product; regularly coaches, evaluates, and recognizes staff performance and accomplishments.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, from four-year college or university, and
- A minimum of seven years of Elite Billing experience, and three years in a lead or supervisory role is strongly preferred, or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical skills (Word, Excel, Elite Billing, eBilling Hub, various eBilling Vendor systems)
- Written & Verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, writer outine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide all units of measure)
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists
Accounting Software: Elite Enterprise, eBilling Hub, Chrome River
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary with great Benefits.