You are here
Broker Dealer CAO/ Controller
- My client is a leading bank and is recruiting a Broker Dealer Controller
- FINOP Broker Dealer controller position available
About Our Client
Broker dealer arm of an International Investment Bank
Our client is looking for a FINOP Controller to oversee their growing US broker dealer. The role will include the following key responsibilities:
* Deliver month and year end financial reporting for the legal entity under GAAP/IFRS
* Provide monthly p&l reporting and analytics for management reporting
* Advise businesses on US GAAP treatment and regulatory capital treatment of new products and business lines in the broker dealer and within non b/d subsidiary entities.
* Drive broker dealer finance process improvements across business, Operations (settlements), IT and business unit finance teams to enhance internal controls, data integrity and efficiency.
* Rationalize Legal Entities and merge several broker dealer entities
* Liaise with the tax department on transfer pricing and tax accounting for the broker dealer.
* Be the point person for FINRA audits, external audit and internal audit of the broker dealer.
* Manage a staff of 10
The Successful Applicant
Experience with a self clearing, Institutional broker dealer is essential - Products Include; Equity and Fixed Income Derivatives, Structured Products, Exchange Traded Derivatives and OTC derivatives.
*Experience with OTC clearing is preferred but not essential.
*Minimum 15 years accounting experience in financial services with an International Firm
*Significant exposure to audited financial statements, footnote disclosures and downstream exposure from that to US GAAP pronouncements. IFRS knowledge would be a plus.
*Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to all levels of staff.
* Series 27 active
* Experience in Regulatory Reporting, Financial Reporting and Product Control is a significant plus.
What's on Offer
Attractive base and bonus
Reporting directly to the CFO