You are here
Business Analyst - Insurance
About Our Client
This company is a leading technology services provider in the New Jersey area. They provide solutions for dozens of clients in the Jersey area and are committed to providing excellent service.
By eliminating complexities this company is able to create value for their clients. They provide software and services that simplify, strengthen, and speed up the end-to-end sales process.
The BA is responsible for assisting with the business case, eliciting requirements from our business partners and to analyze and simplify the requirements.
The BA is also responsible for creating the functional specifications that define the details of the systemic changes we need to make to our products to support the client's business needs. The BA works with the other technology teams, both internally and with the client, to understand the business requirements, high level design, and current system capabilities to come up with the functional specifications for our systems. A successful BA challenges complexity and provides solutions that are simple and support the long-term maintainability and sustainability of our products.
1. Elicit requirements.
2. Define configuration specifications and business requirements.
3. Prepare for and conduct business requirements and high level design reviews.
4. Understand our technology stack, offerings and capabilities quickly to effectively use in design sessions.
5. Configure business processes and user interfaces using our products.
6. Create functional specifications based on high level requirements and design, such that developers and testers can execute against.
7. Estimate level of effort for the defined scope.
8. Conduct design reviews, both internally and with the client.
9. Conduct demos for our projects/features with the client.
10. Create mockups for proposed application capability, present to appropriate teams and get approval.
11. Work on-site with clients during requirement gathering and solution definition stages, and provide periodic on-site updates throughout execution as needed.
The Successful Applicant
1. 5 + years of Business / Systems Analyst experience in the insurance industry ideally supporting sales and marketing work, i.e., customer acquisition, lead generation and / or any direct-to-consumer marketing.
2. Prior applications development experience with Microsoft Technologies (.NET, SQL Server, XML, SOAP, Web Services).
3. Experience working and collaborating with Business Stakeholders, Clients, Account Managers, Technical Architects, Project Managers, Developers and Testers.
4. Define configuration specifications and business requirements.
5. Comprehend and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
6. Project management skills.
7. Strong experience with technical documentation (UML, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Use Cases, Functional Specifications, High Level Design, etc).
8. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
9. Experience in order management, product information management, and other supply chain systems and applications strongly preferred.
10. Enjoy working in an environment that includes rapid, frequent change - and embrace the time requirements and pressure that attend last-minute change or discovery.
What's on Offer
They offer a competitive compensation package as well as a team-based dynamic environment. Everyone is committed to making each other and the company better. The work life balance is phenomenal and the offer includes standard benefits as well as a year end bonus. Please send resumes ASAP as this company is looking to hire business analysts immediately!