You are here
Business Development Manager - Automotive
Global Automotive Manufacturer of Plastic Components
Leader in Plastic Interior and Exterior Manufacturing
About Our Client
Our client is a global leading manufacturer and supplier of plastic components and decorative finishing for the automotive industry. This leading European based company has a strong reputation and is still a privately held family owned organization. With over 50 years of experience they are able to leverage strong relationships with material suppliers, strategic partners, and a global purchasing team that gives them an edge over their competition.
In addition to a strong network of suppliers, this company invests year after year in research and development and even manufacturers their own paints and coatings for finishes. This organization is doing business with nearly every OEM and major tier 1 supplier
The Business Development Manager - Automotive will be responsible for developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business. They will develop and implement plans to expand the organization's product reach and profit revenues by identifying new markets and attracting new customers. My client is looking for someone with a hunter's mentality and experience in the automotive market.
* Identify and grow new business opportunities
* Manage key accounts and develop new strategic accounts through new business development
* Identify market needs, changing market conditions, and competitive advantages
* Contribute to marketing efforts in order to increase the pace of customer acquisition and project execution
* Attending and presenting at industry events.
* Ability to travel throughout the Greater Detroit Area on a regular basis
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's Degree required (Engineering degree preferred - Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or related)
* 5-10 years of true business development experience within automotive
* Proven sales track record identifying and closing business providing customer satisfaction and solutions
* Strong business acumen, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
* Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, phone, computer, benefits, 401K, global advancement opportunities