You are here
Business Development Manager - Automotive
Leading manufacturer of innovative packaging for the automotive space
Seeking candidates with experience in automotive packaging
About Our Client
Our client for the Automotive Sales Engineer opportunity is a global leading manufacturer and supplier of smart, flexible packaging.
This leading European based company has a strong reputation and looking to increase sales in the US market. Thanks to their superior product they are able to leverage strong relationships with material suppliers, strategic partners, and a global purchasing team that gives them an edge over their competition. In addition to a strong network of suppliers, this company invests year after year in research and development.
This person will be calling on OEMs, and Tier 1 and 2 customers to provide packaging solutions for scratch sensitive components being manufactured and delivered. They work with the packaging engineers on dimensions and prototyping, and then evaluations. This person will oversee quoting new business, development of programs, launching and executing new projects and programs, winning new business, and maintaining current business with existing customers. The individual will work cross functionally with teams in purchasing, engineering, program management, external customers (OEMs), and internal customers.
- Conduct needs analysis to uncover customer needs and requirements for solutions
- Serve is the main contact with the customers on all aspects of business including, purchasing, quality, program management, and engineering
- Promote products and innovations to customers while ensuring profit margin objectives are met
- Lead customer RFQ process and provide any and all commercial support
- Work cross-functionally with project teams
- Manage all aspects of new project launches
- Ensure relevant project launch information in communicated effectively
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering (Engineering Preferred)
- Must have high technical aptitude and able to speak knowledgeably on technical applications
- 3-7 years of Account Management OR Program Management experience (Automotive or packaging preferred)
- Excellent communication and present skills to large and small groups
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to travel domestic 30-40% within the South East (South Carolina & Georgia)
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, commission, car allowance, phone, computer, benefits, 401K