You are here
Business Development Manager - Technology
- Be part of the opening of the LA office for Global Well-Known Company
- Flexible hours, top benefits, performance culture.
About Our Client
We are looking for motivated, hard-working Sales Executives who revel in a pure "hunting" business development role. You will seek out and build new business by identifying prospects in the procurement departments of small, medium and large companies and government organizations. This role is predominately phone-based with the majority of calls being outgoing. The focus of this position is NEW business generation, not account management.
- Research, identify and qualify decision makers in procurement departments across all industry sectors.
- Use a consultative approach to identify client pain points and match IBISWorld's Procurement Research Solution to their needs.
- Deliver live and web-based presentations and training sessions to prospective clients.
- Make a significant number of outbound cold calls on a daily basis to generate new accounts.
- Actively manage a pipeline and move prospects through the sales cycle.
- Achieve and exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Develop and stay current on knowledge of products and trends in target markets.
- Proactively research companies and industries to find leads and qualify prospects.
The Successful Applicant
You need to have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-8 years of sales experience, with a focus on B2B sales.
- Demonstrated track record of managing longer and complex sales cycles from prospecting to closing.
- Solid business acumen and the ability to understand your clients' business objectives and goals.
- Talented cold caller with significant "phone stamina."
- Proven success dealing directly with various levels of clientele, including C-level executives.
- Ability to manage an account pipeline, prioritize opportunities and work under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically to occasional networking events and face to face meetings.
- Strong desire to succeed as an individual and embrace the spirit of working within a team. Interest in proactively improving skills and knowledge through continuous learning.
- Must be able to work on site at IBISWorld's West L.A. location.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary + generous uncapped commissions + bonuses for building up pipeline and meeting metrics targets.
Comprehensive benefits package including: Flexible work hours, paid vacation and subsidized parking. 401k plan and medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance.
Thorough training program and ongoing coaching to grow consultative selling skills.