You are here
Business Development Manager
Strong Opportunity for Career Growth and Training from World Class Mentors
Large Upside on Salary with Uncapped Commission and Excellent Benefits
About Our Client
Recognized globally as an industry leading economic forecaster, our client sells software and custom solutions into many different industries. Their unique in depth approach to economic forecasting is what keeps them on the foreground of innovation and in high demand from their clients, most of which are world class industry leading companies and governmental subsidiaries.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager for our Chicago office. We are looking for an established business development professional to play a key role in contributing to the growth of our successful team by managing and generating subscription product sales within the Midwest. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organization in a dynamic expansion phase, as well as a sector with rapidly growing market share.
- Utilize various market analysis tools to identify and reach out to key contacts within the territory, thereby launching new sales meetings. The end goal is to grow the client base by promoting the company's suite of Economic subscription services.
- Identify business opportunities and prospects by evaluating their needs for economic forecasting and qualitative analysis services; Conduct cold (and warm) calling to set up both in-person and online sales meetings with established organizational targets.
- Manage relationships with existing clients to ensure high levels of product usage, webinar attendance, agree renewals, and any built-in increases to existing subscription services.
- Manage sales of incoming data requests, and liaise with relevant economists for corresponding data requests.
- Must be able to display knowledge of global economic and business trends to facilitate meaningful conversations with clients and act as a subject matter expert.
- Develop a strong understanding of the subscription products and become proficient at providing demonstrations of such services.
- Manage CRM effectively, ensuring that all account details are up to date, inquiries are updated on a timely basis, and other important data, such as free trials and client and prospect information, are logged appropriately.
- Manage the sales meeting preparation process by assisting the DBD-RE, liaising with relevant staff, and preparing necessary materials (i.e. Powerpoint slides). Participate in meetings via on-site or webinar attendance.
- Track attendee lists of events and webinars to ensure prompt follow-up and market reach to interested organizations (warm leads).
The Successful Applicant
- Four-year degree from an accredited institution or university required - Master's degree a plus.
- At least 3 years of proven B2B business development and/or sales experience, most notably promoting research/data-related subscription based solutions to real estate firms and similar organizations.
- Proven track record of successfully converting leads to closed sales transactions.
- Highly organized and proficient in managing calendars, reports, and lists. Must be able to prioritize tasks accordingly and take action as needed.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable communicating at all levels of an organization, from entry level staff to the C-Suite of our organization.
- Proficiency in all MS Windows Platforms (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and LinkedIn.
- Must be a self-starter, and proactive in creating and attaining ambitious goals for him/herself. A drive to succeed is very important.
- Must be a hands-on, collaborative team player that will assist his/her colleagues when needed.
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English. Fluency in other languages is desirable but not required.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and the ability to travel within the U.S.
What's on Offer
We offer a rewarding work environment with room for growth, a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Work alongside world class peers and superior to compete and learn with while functioning in an excellent tight knight company culture.