You are here
Business Development Manager/Director of Sales - CPG
Business Development Manager/Director opportunity for North American Market.
Work from home opportunity.
About Our Client
Our client is a 1000+ person branded CPG manufacturer based internationally with a large presence in the US market. The company has a rich 100+ year history and is diversified across 5 different business units. This role reports into the VP sales for North America and offers significant career opportunities.
- Deliver case and objectives consistent with the strategic direction of the business. Engage customer in the development of strategic account plan.
- Frequently interact with customer personnel to drive the execution of the strategic account plan.
- Complete ownership and integrity of contents presented to customer.
- Ensure activation of targeted category leadership plan initiatives within the account plan.
- Leverage Category Management, Marketing, Product Development, and Supply Chain resources in the development and activation of plans.
- Responsible for ensuring early retailer sell-in calls are scheduled and conducted and for ensuring new product sales/marketing plans are executed as planned.
- Achieve 5P objectives (product, price, promotion, placement, personal marketing) and goals through the activation of customer category leadership plans.
- Track plan progress and conduct periodic reviews with customer and cross-functional resources, and make adjustments as necessary
- Responsible for creating a promotion plan that incorporates the Brand Plan and Category Leadership Plan priorities and aligns with customer objective, strategies and goals
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years' experience selling into tier 1 retailers.
- Category Management experience a plus.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package attached.
- Generous vacation time.
- 5% dollar for dollar 401k match.
- Car allowance.