You are here
Business Manager - Chemicals
Privately owned company that has been in business for more than 80 years
Global responsibilities and strong growth potential
About Our Client
Our client is a specialty chemical company based in the Chicagoland area. They have been in business for more than 80 years and are privately owned. With accounts around the world, the US division is responsible for roughly 1/3 of gross sales.
- Regional and international customer responsibility for both commodity and specialty chemicals.
- Ability to develop account and strategic plans that align with the larger company, goals and objectives.
- Implementation of business strategy and execution.
- Ability to work within profit and margin guidelines.
- Responsible for management of a international customers, distributors, and agent base.
- General understanding of international supply chain operations
- Participation on a cross functional Sales and Operations Planning team.
- Ability to manage distribution strategy.
- Required to meet organizational goals for sales volume, margin, DSO, EBITDA, working capital and cash flow targets.
- General marketing activities including corporate literature, e commerce, trade show attendance, ect.
- Budget coordination and forecasting of commercial activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Chemical Engineering or Chemistry degree preferred.
- Progressive sales and marketing experience.
- 8+ years' experience within the chemical industry with direct responsibility for sales or business management.
- Experience in polymer additives and/or modifiers preferred.
- Documented history of quota driven sales success, territory growth, and talent development.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences using English as a second language.
- Experience traveling internationally and managing international accounts and relationships.
- Experience in development and implementation of target account programs
- Good interpersonal skills required to be effective in a collaborative team environment.
What's on Offer
- Salary based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Potential equity based on experience.