You are here
Advertising agency seeks Business Manager
Incredible opportunity to progress career within Client Finance
About Our Client
One of the largest advertising agency networks in the country is seeking a Business Manager to sit in the New York City office.
- Manage key financial points of client contracts working with Account group and Finance department
- Maintain Master Service Contracts and ensure that all contractual obligations are disseminated and followed
- Manage client PO's, AR, WIP, Match Pay and client budgets
- Design and implement any client and/or product specific reporting needs
- Work with the Account teams in order to perfect detailed client facing financial trackers that are informative and easy to view
- Ensure that the Agency's client teams are informed of how they are tracking vs their budgets
- Initiate client conversations when a likely hood of either an under-run or over-run of project financials seems possible
- Monitor all costs - direct, and payroll to plan.
- Collaborate with shared service center (billing department) to ensure that all fee and production billing is sent to clients on schedule.
- Review and transmit billing instructions/additional transfers, write-offs, estimates to shared service center and ensure all instructions are clear
- Prepare month-end revenue calculation and journal entries, working with revenue and regional controllers as needed.
- Analyze monthly financial results, prepare monthly results package and review with Finance and Account teams
- Explain any variances in revenue results vs forecast
- Create Staff Plans and price projects
- Work with account teams and show planned hours vs actual hours in order to adjust staffing as needed
- Assist in office staffing management by maintaining up to date staffing plans to be rolled up into office master file
- Work with various teams in other US and international offices on shared clients.
- Work on ad hoc reporting requirements as requested by Account and Finance teams.
- Assist in overseeing a Client Business Analyst
- Ensure that the analyst is working with the Integrated Production team to collect estimates and place into system
- Work to train analyst properly on financial tracking
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Business Manager will have:
- BS preferred or equivalent experience required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 4-6 years practical accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills required.
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience.