You are here
Buyer, Ingredients and Packaging
Looking for those with experience running RFP/RFQ
About Our Client
Our client is a consumer products company focus in manufacturing, importing, and distribution of food products.
The main responsibilities of the Buyer, Ingredients and Packaging
- Maintain appropriate inventory controls to ensure product availability within main production facility along with outside manufacturing sites including all co-pack operations.
- Monitor all schedule changes and make appropriate notifications as needed.
- Help provide back up for the ordering for other US plants.
- Coordinate with in-house department's changes to raw materials utilized.
- Helps to resolve ingredient related issues with Quality Control, Suppliers, Materials Managements, Operations, and the Warehousing.
- Will manage contracting on minor ingredient bids with the assistance of the Ingredient manager.
- Maintain AS400 computer files (purchase order purge to history, raw material master files, and vendor master files).
- Monitor and maintain required vendor approval forms.
- With direction from the Manager / Director assist in preparing hedge reports on commodities and open contract balances .
- Assist Purchasing Manager with maintaining good vendor relations.
- Enters purchase orders in process to ensure items are delivered according to the time and specifications.
- Works with vendor to address problems that may arise such as damage product, no COA etc.
The Successful Applicant
- BA Degree required. Minimum of 2-3 years of purchasing and/or commodity related experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook and PowerPoint. Previous AS400 experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and as a team leader when necessary.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task, knowledge of business principles, detailed oriented and problem solver.
- Ability to compute math problems.
- Must be willing to travel as job requires.
- APICS certification a plus.
What's on Offer
- The Buyer, Ingredients and Packaging will offer great opportunities for career growth as the position reports into the Director level.
- Annual bonus