You are here
Buyer - Medical Device
Immediate hire and growth opportunity for an expanding team
Do you see yourself as a manager one year from now? Apply now!
About Our Client
Our client is a mid-size medical device and equipment distributor with a growing procurement team and an organization that prides itself on growing from within, talent development, and rewarding high performers with increased responsibilities and roles. High-potential candidates are coached and mentored to transition into leadership roles within the organization, and growth potential is open laterally to other departments as well. With over 30,000 SKUs and a recent ERP implementation, the most successful candidates thrive in an environment where they are granted autonomy and entrusted to make decisions for the betterment of the business moving forward.
The main responsibilities of the Buyer - Medical Device, will be
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Set up new suppliers and keep contact information current.
- Ensure planned orders reports and/or forecasts are sent to suppliers weekly
- Place POs and ensure the POs are acknowledged by suppliers within 48 hours.
- Establish and maintain vital system information such as lot size, vendor and buyer codes, lead-time, costing, and attributes.
- Execute discontinued inventory process and work to minimize scrap, discontinued, and slow moving inventory.
- Organize data for excess and discontinued inventory reviews; execute actions.
- Open non-inventory POs.
- Perform date maintenance on open purchase orders
- Pull vendor performance data and determine violations and actions
The Successful Applicant
The successful Buyer - Medical Device will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 year's experience of planning/purchasing in an distribution environment
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office products
- Good knowledge of ERP distribution applications strongly preferred
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the Buyer - Medical Device will be between $55,000 and $67,500 base salary + bonus and 4% 401(k) match