You are here
USD50,000 - USD75,000
About Our Client
Our client is a specialty industrial manufacturing and engineering multisite corporation.
- Researches commodity market conditions to understand supply/demand factors and make buying recommendations accordingly; identifies new supply sources to diversify risk and maintain competitive costs
- Monitors inventory levels and expedites orders as needed.
- Provides commodity market information as needed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Works cross functionally with Quality, Production, and Receiving departments to resolve issues and identify process improvements
- Monitor and negotiate resin increases/decreases along with other general price adjustments
- Implement rebate programs with suppliers that are linked to annual volumes as well as payment terms
- Negotiate pricing, terms and other contractual issues with suppliers
- Manage transportation costs and focus on reducing total landed cost
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-4 years of purchasing experience, preferably in the fresh produce industry
- Strong, advanced Excel skills
- ERP systems knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience negotiating commodities, contracts, etc.
- Analytical / critical thinker
- Collaborative, team player
- Results focused individual with strong initiative
What's on Offer
Salary and benefits